Sunday, November 23, 2014

Astronomy Magazines

The sky map toward the middle of the magazines was easier to understand and had more information in the Astronomy magazine.  I believe the Astronomy magazine also covered more news topics in the first few pages.  In the Sky and Telescope magazine, there were more advertisements, which could be good or bad depending on what your preferences are.  The Astronomy magazine also had a larger reader gallery with more pictures from various readers, and the quality and ease of readability of the writings and illustrations was better.  I felt that with the two editions I read, the feature articles in the Astronomy magazine were better, but Sky and Telescope beat out Astronomy with their regular monthly columns.  I think it's pretty clear that of the two competing magazines, I liked Astronomy more, simply because of the more interesting content, creative layout and overall a higher appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment